Wednesday, August 23, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Good morning! It's very quiet right now in my part of the world....kids are still asleep 💤savouring those last lazy mornings before school starts and it's back to schedules and books 😉

The books are starting to arrive...more due today and a few tomorrow! ohh the excitement of fresh new pages! We do Abeka and absolutely love it! Will there come a day when we switch?.....maybe but not because of the quality of the education that's for sure.



We have a couple new things we will be doing this year....we have new piano theory books and new piano books we are super excited to crack open. We have a violin series to start with a little and flute to start with the other little....who knows probably the olders will get involved just because! 😏






We have 5 grade levels on the go which keeps me hopping but it is good! Our 2 oldest are now in their very last year of high school!!!! where has the time gone? and they are starting their first "real" job out there in the big old world...oh my! These are some new changes for this Momma!😍

This last year has been full of hoops and hurdles....this move from Canada to the States....many many changes, appointments, deadlines, paperwork, places to be, and on and on. I think, though, I have crossed the final hurdle and I am now fully integrated....I passed my Driver's test yesterday 😂 This has been haunting me since I moved here last year....I mean who wants to retake a driver's test at my age!!??? NOT ME! that's who! LOL especially when my 2 oldest are in the process of getting theirs 😏

The Academy has sprung back to life with the senior cadets arriving this week....TJ is busy getting ready to start classes and chapel starts up again this Sunday morning.

We have had a great and lovely summer...it was very busy but very good! the best one yet! We spent a couple weeks as a family in Nova Scotia while waiting for my final paperwork to be completed...we rushed home to prepare for my husband's ordination in July and then packed up to head out to Saskatchewan to sing in gospel meetings for 18 days....then home again to order up and prepare for school both at home and the Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment